Gosh darn it, If I hear one more person say give me your most expensive shoe - I'm gonna run an ultra - barefoot over a bed of coals. Really now. People have become so programmed to think that more is better and that the more you spend than the better the product should be.. For running shoes this is utter nonsense.
So what gives?? my view - any amount you pay over $100 for running shoes is simply not worth it. - they are NOT ANY BETTER... They don't make your run any better - Here's why.
1) They don't perform any better.. They just have more technical LOOKING gizmos on them
2) They don't LAST any longer - you know I am right on this one
3) They dont COST ANY MORE to produce - not really.
4) The most expensive design might be the worst type of shoe for your foot or running style.
5) Last years "technical" breakthrough is available for 35% less and works just fine.
Why do they cost more..? Well take it from one person who has developed "expensive" shoes. Marketeer simply add more technical looking stuff on the upper, or more colors to the outsole or more "gadgets" to the midsole. Do they work any better.? Judge for yourself. Ask 100 serious runners, you know the ones that place in most races and what do they buy..?? 99% of them buy shoes that are $70-$90 bucks.. (Heck I did this same survey last year). Ps there are hundreds of thousands of runners happily running in 5-10 year old models everywhere.
So why do the charge the high prices...
1) Cause some people believe that they are better, they believe the market hype and buy em.
2) Makes a great cash flow for all that advertising you ignore
3) Lot's of non-runners just don't know any better
4) Cause people keep buying them..
Your thoughts.. Ever bought an expensive running shoe that ended up as you LAWNMOWING shoes..??